Search This Blog

Loading...

11/21/2013

End of an Era: Seventh Console Generation


With the launch of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now joining the 3DS, WiiU, and Vita, we have now fully ushered into a new era of console gaming....the eight generation. While there are still some great games that are soon to appear on current consoles, such as Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden, Dark Souls II, and Final Fantasy XIII-3. I think now is a good time to look back and reflect on the truly memorable seventh console generation, which was represented by the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS, and the Nintendo Wii. In a series of posts, I will be discussing ten games that I felt were not just personal highlights, but also in my view, games that made a difference and contributed something special to the medium in some shape or form. 

In the past generation, my two main consoles were the Xbox 360 and the DS, and for a very brief time I also had a Wii. Looking back, while I did not buy as many games as I did in previous console generations, I did thoroughly enjoy my collection of quality titles. No doubt there are plenty of solid games I missed out on, such as the Mass Effect series and Mario Galaxy, but alas I can't play every release under the sun.

So I am planning a ten part series under the End of an Era label. In each post I will discuss one of the ten games that I felt were the most defining games of the seventh generation.

Stay tuned!


All articles published under this series are listed below (click to view)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean, keep it cool